Thursday, July 23, 2009

SME's or ME's?

I wonder, how many entrepreneurs understand the value of including subject matter experts (SME) in running their business? Have you consulted with a business coach, marketing guru, web developer or a social media expert? Gosh, I didn't even know such a wonderous person existed until recently (let's keep that on the down-low).

Consider that what you're playing with is your life; this is your vision and dream, your baby. Why NOT incorporate experts into the budget and save yourself time AND money!? I'm not going to admit how much time I spent (not including the dream-state-thinking) on trying to figure out how to set-up my blog page, actually create a blog, tweet (yet to be attempted!) add images, and so forth. There is so much information and so many options. Just talking with someone about etiquette and automation was worth it.

I went ahead and hired an expert at Out-smarts. I was so relieved; Mhairi (pronounced Va-ri) and I spent focused time in one-on-training and I was immediately able to apply my new skills. Now I must keep up to my blogging commitments!

Our projects are worth incorporating SME's (and the ME's are not on the team!) - so why not put a SME to great use on you?! It frees you up to tackle the rest of the list...or go for a run.

If time is money, then entrepreneurs are worth zillions!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your kind words. Its an absolute pleasure to work with you and to watch as you do a great job of deploying the skills you learned. It helps that you are such a smart cookie!

    I've learned in business that if you try to do things that you are not expert at yourself you end up spending a lot of time spinning your wheels and often end up back at square one. Working with professionals who can do a great job frees you up to focus on what you do best not to mention revenue generation.

    Thanks Laura.

    ReplyDelete